Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The art of nicknaming

Every evening when I get home from work, I enter the house and holler out an obnoxious, sing-songy, nasally call to beckon Linus to greet me. It's become a famous "call of the wild," and I love it because it gets him all excited and wiggly. It goes something like:


"Whay's mah smush?
Translation: Where is my little smushed-faced dog named Linus?

"Is it my smushin, wittle cushin? Is it my muffin man?"
Translation: Are you my little, cuddly, smushed-faced dog? Are you my adorable (scrumptous) little man?

Many people have joined the efforts to develop ridiculous nick names now latched to Linus. When you adore an animal this much, one name doesn't seem to cut it. My pup bursts with character and has developed a reputation that has earned him some of the most colorful, as well as shameful, nicknames. Whether the name reflects some untraditional eating habits, his waddle, his droopy face or his expressive looks, they all reflect an animal that many have come to love (or hate) for different reasons.

Here's some of Linus' nicknames. Please excuse the more vulgar ones.
  • Smush or Smushin (courtesy of Mommy)
  • Muffin, "Muff," or Muffin Man
  • Thug Life
  • Lovebug
  • Catfish (courtesy of Aunt Jessie and Uncle Josh)
  • The Goonch (courtesy of Aunt Jessie and Uncle Josh)
  • Little Helper
  • Turd Burglar (courtesy of Uncle Noah)
  • Brute
  • Booger
  • Sugar Cube
  • Turd or Turd Monster (courtesy of Shawn)
  • Anus (courtesy of my Dad)

Share nicknames for your dog with us on the blog today!

1 comment:

  1. Ben and I would like to add to the list "Chunk" and "Yeenoos" :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog