Monday, May 10, 2010

The ring bearer argument

I've avoided addressing the whole ring bearer controversy until today. But now I want to make my final, decisive and public push. It's just that with two weeks away and no ring bearer accounted for, I think Linus deserves a serious consideration for the role in my sister Hannah's wedding. If the reasons aren't screaming obvious, I'll give you just a few ideas as to why this is a superb
"proposal."

Below: Linus makes an appearance at the ceremony of the wedding of my older sister Laura Marie in October.


1. Look at that face. Don't get me wrong, I like kids just fine. But if you think a rotten little boy equipped with a ring will get more ohs and ahs than my little Frenchie... well, you've simply lost your mind. Linus was created for performance: his sweet, blank stare, his perky ears and his bulldog grin. He is the very essence of adorableness.

2. He'd be dressed to impress. Everyone knows how much I love to show that Linus is fashion-forward. This would be a great chance to suit up my little man in a doggie tux. And, yes, I've already done my research - they do exist.

3. A chance to show our best behavior. Linus is surprisingly well-behaved for a dog with no formal training. He doesn't roam, he's an easy going follower. He is highly motivated by food, but there won't be any to speak of at Hannah's ceremony. Plus, he is naturally resistant to barking. And going to the potty has never been a problem for us in public spaces... he gets a little bit stage fright when it comes to having to relieve himself.

4. Family sharing. Several family members that I rarely get to see or have never even met will be present for the occassion. There won't be a better chance to share my beloved bulldog with them than through the ceremony. And in my eyes, he is a valid member of my family who deserves a proper introduction to his kinship.

5. Outdoor event. A perfect natural setting for animal inclusion. Birds, squirrels, bumble bees and ants will be present, why shouldn't my Linus be there too?

6. It's sooooo celeb-style! Adam Sandler, Ashlee Simpson and Jennfier Hudson are just a few celebs who included their dogs in their wedding ceremonies. I know Hannah and Ben usually aren't prone to following fads, but this one's a great idea! Makes for very cute pics, too. And we all know you two lovebirds are doggie lovers!

7. Blog-worthy event. Stated simply: the wedding experience will make a great blog.

Thanks for the consideration, Ben and Hannah. Remember, it's never too late. Post your comment and help us get Linus elected to ring bearer!

4 comments:

  1. Linus would definitely make a great ring bearer! He gets my vote! Let me know if he needs a date- I think Lucy is free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he'd do a fabulous job, certainly he'd steal the show! You are lucky to have such a nice laid-back little guy!
    I had to wipe off the computer screen after snorting at your phrase "naturally resistant to barking" LOL! Brutus is the loudest, most likely-to-make-noise dog I've ever had! And he's SO high energy! Nope, no wedding party offers are going to come his way! I hope Linus gets to be the star in Hannah's wedding (and your family is obviously more open-minded than mine!!)

    Michelle & Brutus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every dog in Australia says YES! Make it happen! How adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all for Linus! Can't wait to see you all so soon!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog