Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My fascination with the "PUP"arazzi

Okay, so I'm not going tell you my eyes have never drifted to the tabloids and celebrity news magazines while I'm standing in the check out line at the grocery store. And if you asked me whether I really cared about Paris' new line of shoes or the striking garb Jennifer Garner wore to the Oscars, the answer is a timid "yes." So, it's no wonder I have quickly fallen in love with People Pets, the celebrity pet site that connects celebs and non-celebs alike who adore their pets as much me (or at least like to flash them to the "pup"arrazzi).


Through this Web site I am moritified to report that I have learned:
  • Brangelina own an English bulldog pup
  • Martha Stewart is a big-time Frenchie fan
  • Gerard Butler hangs with Lolita, a pug
  • Nicole Richie owns a Pomeranian named "Foxie Cleopatra"
  • Orlando Bloom babysits his girlfriend's Yorkie
And there's more, in case you are interested. The best part of this just-for-fun site is the opportunity to network with fellow dog owners. You can register yourself and your dog, create a profile and share pictures with other looney dog owners (who will probably appreciate your photos more than the average facebook friend). You'll also find some whacky dog news and videos, including stories about doggie fashion shows, training tips and trendy products. It's another way dog owners (most likely young female dog owners like me) can express their wild enthusiasm for their dogs.

Let's face it: Dog ownership is fun, and this site's genius is uniting puppy love with every girl's guilty pleasure: the celebrity gossip magazine. Throw in some multimedia and social network functioning, and you have a winning package for every girl who ever included Barbie dolls and puppies on her "favorite things" list. Yes, I may be too old for this stuff or have entered a new class of crazy... but how can you resist? Let me relish in it!

If anyone ventures on the site, my profile name is KYFrenchie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog