Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All-American import

The skies above our suburban neighborhood gleamed with color and boomed like thunder Saturday night. While most dogs were trembling under beds, Linus joined crowd of neighbors and our family at the hilltop mansion for the annual neighborhood fireworks show.

As a true member of the "home of the brave," Linus was not in the least daunted by the powerful volume of the fireworks. He enthuiastically sat in my lap and watched the burst of fire sparkle over the lake. Still, with my concern for those big, sensitive bat ears, I used my hands as ear muffs for him when the fireworks show reached its most climatic point.

By birth, Linus is an all-American boy out of Oklahoma. By heritage, he is of course, French. On Independence Day, his French roots reminded me of our trusty allies during the Revolutionary War. The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of that alliance. The nation we love was fought for and won with the aid from a country that birthed the breed I love. To me, this makes the Fourth all the more special!

Below: Linus and I attend festivities downtown on July 3.

Linus gets some love for being so good during the fireworks show.

Linus chills out during the show.


Some of the kids give Linus a glowing halo during the show.

Happy Fourth, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. What a good boy your are, Linus! Believe it or not, for all his issues Brutus is A-OK with fireworks too. In fact I've never had a dog that wasn't OK with fireworks and thunderstorms (thank goodness). We also have the same cooling bandana as you, and believe me, we've needed it (and all other myriad of cooling supplies I own) over the scorcher of a holiday weekend we had here in Ohio!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog